Wednesday, April 9, 2014

just a little something.

art1
ärt/
noun
  1. 1.
    the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

    This is the official (aka google definition) of art. "Producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power." What a powerful definition. I wonder what it would be like to be a work of art. To be hung in a museum, gazed at and admired by everyone who passes by. To exist solely for beauty and emotional power.

    Oh wait- I am a work of art. Surprise! Betcha didn't see that one coming. Or maybe you did. Either way, it's true. I'm a work of art, and so are you.

    For those who do not know, I am a theatre major at Samford University. What will I do with my major you may ask? Well I will act. Duh. It's theatre. I will act- I just don't know where and when. Details, details. But back to my point. I do theatre not only because I love it, but because being an actress means I get to create something out of human emotions and feelings and experiences. What better way to create beauty for humanity than through humanity itself?

    But I know that I am a work of art, because my Lord and Savior who created the very air I breathe, and sewed my DNA together, told me that I am a work of art. I am a work of art because I was created by the being who invented art. So, it's only logical to assume that I am art, since the original artist of art ever created me. He "knit me together in my mother's womb". He knew me before I even knew myself.

    Which, again baffles me. The god who placed each star in space, the god that made everything from nothing, the god who knows everything ever with no exaggeration- He loves me. He loves me. HE loves ME.

    And He loves you, oh does He love you. He loves you more than you could fathom even if you had the IQ of Einstein. For real.

    Just wanted to share that thought.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment