Clarkston?
That little town like 45 minutes from my house; why would I want to spend my summer there?
Well, you see, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else from May 31- July 22.
Let me back up a little bit.
So, just like many other young college whipper-snappers start looking for summer activities to do, I was Googling my way around the internet in February when I stumbled across this opportunity.
A mission's internship in Clarkston, GA, where I would be given the opportunity to spread the love of my Savior to refugees who have lived several years in horrendous conditions without any solid hope to grab onto.
I filled out the application within 10 minutes of reading the description.
And, because God is cool like that, I was accepted.
Now, 4 months after I got that e-mail of confirmation, I am sitting in my apartment in Clarkston with my best friend beside me, trying to form words to explain to you that would remotely explain how impactful and challenging my time has been here so far.
Mind you, tomorrow marks a week of me being here.
In the past 7 days, the Lord has put a group of missional believers in my life who have blessed me just with their constant presence and joy. I have also been given the opportunity to learn about the Biblical basis of missions, learn what unreached people groups are, pour into middle school girls at summer camp every day, and receive training on how to teach ESL classes to refugees.
And, starting tomorrow, short term missions groups will join my fellow interns and I in Clarkston. These short term-ers will be assigned to different interns and will be able to see how God is working in Clarkston.
Needless to say, this week has been wonderfully exhausting in every way possible.
God has not only shown me that my life is not my own, but He has revealed to me how His heart longs for the nations who don't know Him. How He is fiercely merciful and righteously glorified in every aspect of His magnificent plan.
My heart has been completely changed by the love my Father has shown me, as well as the love He has shown to my fellow believers and the refugees that I am beginning to see as my neighbors who have, with no surprise, captured my heart.
Even thinking about leaving this place on July 22 is a thought I frequently dismiss.
My point in this post is just to say that God is great and He is so eager to reveal to those who love Him that He is capable of ALL things.
All that we must do? Listen, abide, and obey.
He has taken care of the rest.
Trust me.
OH, wait, one last thing- if you're looking to pray for my journey here in Clarkston, please be lifting up my team here in terms of unity, as well as strength. And, please be interceding for the 6,000+ unreached people groups throughout the world.
God Bless, thanks y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment