Saturday, June 28, 2014

life is weird

I have NO idea what I am doing with my life, but it's really okay.

Because God has every idea about what He wants me to do with the life He has given me. Whether I am supposed to be living in the slums of Thailand, or I am supposed to be living in England or Brazil or even the Arctic, I do not have to worry.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

This is a verse I have heard over and over again, but quickly discounted it as one of those verses that people say to you when they don't have a specific response to what you are going through.


But the more I look at this verse and tear it apart, the more truth it reveals. God, the Lord of all creation and the Lord who specifically made me in my mother's womb, has mapped out my entire life.

My life is not mine, and that is totally fine with me. I have seen the results of what happens when I try to live my life with my own strength and it isn't pretty. I have no idea what the Lord has for me, but I know that He is good and He has planned for me the most amazing life possible.

He has made plans to give me "a future and a hope", not "a life full of turmoil and unrest".

In Him, I have nothing to worry about. He is enough for every day, and His presence in my life is the only guiding light I need.

Now, I'm not saying that life won't be hard. It will be; everyone has their struggles. But with Jesus, I no longer have the fear of not knowing what each day will bring.

I know in American culture, when someone asks you what you want to do with your life, you are supposed to respond with a 5 year plan of sorts. You're supposed to know what you want to do for the rest of your life at 18.

Well, I know for me that I have absolutely NO idea where I will be in 5 years. But the unknown is not meant to be frightening- it is meant to be exciting. Life is not supposed to be spent worrying about the future.

My Lord has the best for me- all I have to do is trust and obey.






No comments:

Post a Comment